Like most things in life, not all Accident Replacement Vehicle providers are the same. In fact, the hire car and services you may be offered from your insurer or from another provider can vary dramatically. So it pays to know that:
- If you’re not at fault in a car accident with more than one vehicle involved, you could have the right to an accident replacement vehicle
- You have the right to choose your accident replacement vehicle provider
So if you’re wondering why you should consider exercising your right to choose who you get your accident replacement vehicle from, here are a few reasons why.
- Only be offered a small car: Even if you own a large SUV they may give you a small car which may not be practical for your lifestyle
- Be held liable for the rental costs: Some providers may hold you liable for the rental car costs if they are unable to recover the full rental costs from the at-fault party
- Get stung with a high insurance excess: If you have a car accident in the hire car you may be caught out with a high insurance excess which is typical for a rental car company to charge
- Be required to pay a bond: Some providers will require you to pay a bond as security for the vehicle which is typical for a rental car company
- Have to catch and pay for a Taxi to pick up the rental car: Some providers don’t deliver the car to you, so you have to catch a taxi to their depot
- Be stuck waiting for a car: Some providers only operate during business hours and have a small fleet of vehicles so you may have to wait until they can deliver the car at a later time
So if you find yourself not at-fault after being involved in a car accident with more than one vehicle you should make Right2Drive your first choice.
We are Australia’s leading Accident Replacement Vehicle Provider, because we:
- Provide you with a car similar to your own
- Offer a zero insurance excess so you can have peace of mind driving our vehicle
- Don’t require a bond
- Deliver the car direct to you which can be your home, office, repairer or the accident scene
- Are located right across Australia and available when you need us, 24/7
Now nobody ever plans to have a car accident so when it happens, it can take you by surprise. To help you know what to do at the accident scene including what information you need to collect, download our ‘What to do in a Car Accident’ guide and keep a copy in your car’s glove box in case you ever need it.